Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#37, #38 & #39

Tuesday May 31. 2011
Dear Aj,
As you can see I have missed two Tuesday post, so much has happened in those long two weeks. I can almost say that our world has been turned upside down. I guess the best place to start is all the way back in the beginning. The weekend of May 14 we both got the flu, you fought the bug off like a trooper and were back on your feet in no time, Mommy on the other hand had a harder time shaking the bug but by mid week we were both on are way to recover. Then of course the next weekend we all (including Daddy) got a head cold.
Then on Tuesday May 24 we got some very scary news, the lump in your testicle that I had found was a tumor and that you would need surgery to remove not only the lump but the whole testicle. No matter how bad your Dad and I felt you always seemed to make us feel better with your warm smiles. You had no clue that this was going on and you had other thing on your mind. You have set your sights on learning how to crawl and you are going to be there so soon. Within the last 2 weeks you have become a rolling machine, a pro at pushing yourself backwards, and even getting up on your knees and rocking back in forth. You even have figured out how to make your self sit up (you have only done this in your crib, once in the middle of the night while still sleeping. You woke up so confussed) Today you had a surgery to have your testicle removed. Today has been one of the hardest days that your Father and I had to go through as parents. We love you so very much and as your Daddy kept saying today, you are just the sweetest, happiest baby ever.
I have know idea what your future holds, I wish I could shield and protect you from every hurtful and horrible thing that this world has to offer but I know I just cant. Your Daddy and I both will always be here for you, to hold your hand and help every step of the way, no matter what.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment